Monday, April 6, 2009

Dear Topps

SCREW YOU.

I have purchased my last new product from a card manufacturer.
Over the past two weeks I have purchased
eleven boxes of your Target Series One parallel cards.

I AM STILL 69 CARDS SHORT OF A 330 CARD SET.

OUT OF 880 CARDS PURCHASED I CANNOT FIND
330 SINGLE CARDS TO MAKE A SET.


I have 7 Dusty Baker cards.
Yet I am still 69 cards short of a set.

THIS IS BULLSHIT.

There is no excuse in this day and age
for coalition as bad as late eighties products.
Two of the boxes had the exact same cards pack for pack. Even the Topps Town cards.
Three other boxes only had a packs worth of difference between them.

In the Targets I have found boxes they had no more than 3 in stock. Total. I checked. If you are going to do something like this MAKE SURE there is enough product to be sold. If you are going to only make a small amount. LET PEOPLE KNOW. The only reason I have been able to complete a Reds team set of cards is the fact that someone in another state had them and offered them.

As much as I enjoy opening packs I will no longer do so on any new product.
I have spent over $230 on boxes of this product AND DO NOT HAVE A 330 CARD SET. SCREW YOU TOPPS.

3 comments:

dayf said...

Wow, that bites. I haven't bought a box yet but once I do any cards that you need are yours.

Jim from Downingtown said...

Where does it say that if you buy the entire box-worth of packs, you are guaranteed to get a complete set?

Bay Rat North West said...

Jim. No place on the box does it have a guarantee. But to purchase almost 900 cars and have almost all of them double is just sad. This is why I stopped buying products in the 90's in boxes. Bad collation. It is no fun and why too annoying to WASTE money on this. I bought all of the boxes to make a set and help other bloggers with their needs. Yet bad planning on Topps screwed me and them. Add this to the series two boxes and I have not purchased a box of cards since. Just sets and singles from sellers.