Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ka Pow!

I will leave the Griffey posting to Brad.

In honor of No. 600 being hit in front of the gathered dozens in Miami I present another fabled Reds slugger:
2005 Donruss Greats
Souvenirs Bat Card
No. S-6

I managed to pick this up at Sport Fest in Chicago by displaying George Washington and his twin brother to the dealer. I managed to talk him down fity cent from the sticker price. Just like cars, no one pays sticker price. NO ONE.
Awesome card! While not a picture of Mr. Foster smashing a homer it does display the chops as he gets ready to beat out the throw from Larry Bowa for an infield single. The Spirograph border around the photo. How many pens went through ink reserves for this border?
This card just has a great overall design. Especially the Running Man logo on the bottom. Great placement. The card just has a great feel to it.

2 comments:

dayf said...

Nice one! I love relic cards of retired players.

Good to have you back!

Brads55sRedsCards said...

Beauty of a card there brother! I know I have one of someone but can't be for certain who but believe its of ol' Papa Bear Griff. And as far as his son goes ... thanks for calling me out. I'll try and find something special for ya big guy!!!