Thursday, April 10, 2008

Brads Random Red #32

1978 Topps Mario Soto #427



Well I just can't seem to get some sleep. Freaking out about tomorrow's surgery and decided to fill in the rest of the 7 card vintage run for you guys. Here we have a 1978 rookie card of Mario Soto. So if the border is off centered to the left and the P in the ball in the upper right corner is off centered to the right would that mean this card is true 50/50 centering??? Ugh, and his glove is coming undone. Hope he's not about to run on the field in the bottom of the 9th and pull a Bill Buckner!


Mahalo and Aloha, Brad

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite Reds of all-time. I just got this card the other day; I probably already have it somewhere, but haven't been able to find it, so I bought another one eBay. Mario is awesome.

Bay Rat North West said...

This is my 2nd favorite set from the 70's. Love the simple design. Plus I wanted this card in the summer of 81. My neighbor had it and would not do anything less than 5 Braves for it because he knew I had no place else to find one. Never got it.